Since we couldn’t be together for a traditional 2020 Staff Appreciation Picnic, we decided to have some fun in the form of a virtual scavenger hunt. Participation is optional, but it would be great to see a lot of staff join in the competition.
BEGINS: Monday, October 12 at 12:00 p.m.
ENDS: Thursday, October 15 at 3:00 p.m.
- Staff members from campus, Health Sciences, UCI Medical Center and all UCI ambulatory health care locations are eligible to participate.
- All team members must be STAFF. Sorry, faculty members and academic personnel are not eligible.
- Teams may be formed from staff in any UCI school, department, location or office, with a minimum of two staff members per team and a maximum of 10 staff members per team.
- Multiple teams from the same location are permitted, but individual staff members may only compete on one team for the contest.
- Submit team member names and UCI emails using this form: https://new.hr.uci.edu/virtual-scavenger-hunt/
- By registering your team, all team members are granting permission to use their image/photos on the Staff Appreciation Week web pages, HR web pages, UCI web pages, and the Staff Assembly website.
- On Monday, October 12 at 12:00 p.m., go to the Staff Appreciation Week Scavenger Hunt page and get the list of “items to be scavenged”.
- Between October 12, 12:00 p.m., and October 15, 3:00 p.m., take pictures of “scavenged items” with at least one team member in each photo and upload them to the Scavenger Hunt photo album.
IMPORTANT: Include your team name, name of the team member shown in the photo, and the item you have scavenged in your photo caption. For example: Super Sleuths, Peter T. Anteater, UCI branded reusable water bottle.
- All entries must be submitted by 3:00 p.m. on October 15 to be included in the opportunity drawing for prizes.
- On Friday, October 16, there will be two teams (one from campus teams and one from the Medical Center/Health Sciences teams) chosen at random as the winners of the Scavenger Hunt from all teams who find 12 of the items on the list. These team will receive a $20 Grub Hub gift for each member of their team. e-Cards will be emailed to UCI addresses only.
- In addition, there will be a Grand Prize team winning team, chosen at random from all teams who find all 12 of the items PLUS the three extra credit items, which require the team to solve clues first. This team will receive a $25 Amazon e-card for each member of the team. e-Cards will be emailed to UCI addresses only.
- The decisions of the judges are final.
- Winning teams will be posted on the Staff Appreciation Week Scavenger Hunt web page and the Staff Assembly website on Friday, October 16, and winning teams will be notified by email.
Please contact Joani Harrington at email@example.com for more information regarding the 2020 Staff Appreciation Week Virtual Scavenger Hunt.